Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Sunday, July 7, 2013

I Quote, You 'Ku - Day 7

“We are all dreaming children as we read. And as we write.”

~Tessa Hadley

Your challenge is to write a haiku or tanka (or choose one of your previously published works) that has a connection with the themes/feelings/images of the above quote, without just restating what has appeared in the text, to create a haibun. Play around with it and see what you come up with. Enjoy!

Click here for the first post on how I Quote, You 'Ku works. Every poet who posts a poem this month will be entered into the draw to win a copy of A New Resonance 8.

17 comments:

  1. shedding skins
    page after page
    a new me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for starting us off on Day 7, Stella! :-)

      Delete
    2. summer vacation-
      write and proofread, write and proof...
      no time must be lost:
      opening my inner worlds
      before life's autumn sets in

      Delete
  2. with childlike faith
    she writes
    a happy ending
    every night
    in her journal

    Pamela A. Babusci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dog is misspelled
    the child discovered
    the Great

    LYNX-Aha Poetry, XXV:1 February, 2010 (Ed. Jane Reichhold)

    ReplyDelete
  4. July 7: children

    hundred acre wood
    I write pooh's shopping list -
    hunney hunney hunney

    Gary Blankenship

    ReplyDelete
  5. July 7

    reinventing
    my world
    word by word

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should wake up from
    your childlike dream of reading
    No, it's too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dream playground
    between the lines I rule
    a kingdom

    Angelo Ancheta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodnight Moon
    the first time
    my child reads to me
    I catch him
    skipping pages

    ReplyDelete
  9. summer heat...
    this desire still
    burns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining us, Jeff. :-)
      I've added your name to the book draw!

      Delete