Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Quote, You 'Ku - Day 11

"I wear my heart on my sleeve, only to find I have to wipe my nose on it later."

~A friend

Your challenge is to write a haiku or tanka (or choose one of your previously published works) that has a connection with the themes/feelings/images of the above quote, without just restating what has appeared in the text, to create a haibun. Play around with it and see what you come up with. Enjoy!

Click here for the first post on how I Quote, You 'Ku works. Every poet who posts a poem this month will be entered into the draw to win a copy of A New Resonance 8.
 

4 comments:

  1. garden bench--
    the old man stares at
    distant graveyard

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I wear my heart on my sleeve, only to find I have to wipe my nose on it later."

    ~A friend

    midsummer night's dream
    Pyramus and Thisbe
    at it again

    ReplyDelete
  3. blood, toil, tears and sweat
    things you want for your success
    but not to clean up

    ReplyDelete
  4. July 11: sleeve

    shirt tossed
    your kiss
    a permanent stain

    Gary Blankenship

    ReplyDelete