Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Monday, July 22, 2013

I Quote, You 'Ku - Day 22

"Jung observed that dreams perform restorative, corrective, compensatory, prophetic, and developmental roles in our psyche; that to attend to our dreams is to attend to the cry of the soul."

~ Jill Mellick in The Art of Dreaming 

Your challenge is to write a haiku or tanka (or choose one of your previously published works) that has a connection with the themes/feelings/images of the above quote, without just restating what has appeared in the text, to create a haibun. Play around with it and see what you come up with. Enjoy!

Click here for the first post on how I Quote, You 'Ku works. Every poet who posts a poem this month will be entered into the draw to win a copy of A New Resonance 8.
 

3 comments:

  1. When my soul cries out
    my dream leans in close to me
    whispering silence

    ReplyDelete
  2. always dawn somewhere
    my dream is a first-light raid
    memory parade

    ReplyDelete