Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I Quote, You 'Ku - Day 23

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

~Maya Angelou


Your challenge is to write a haiku or tanka (or choose one of your previously published works) that has a connection with the themes/feelings/images of the above quote, without just restating what has appeared in the text, to create a haibun. Play around with it and see what you come up with. Enjoy!

Click here for the first post on how I Quote, You 'Ku works. Every poet who posts a poem this month will be entered into the draw to win a copy of A New Resonance 8.

8 comments:

  1. I don't remember,
    you sang or danced or something
    And you filled my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. July 23: forgetting

    the grudge forgiven
    with his last breath
    no one knew

    Gary B

    ReplyDelete
  3. after brain surgery
    will he remember
    how much he loves me . . .
    the first thing he asks for
    are ice chips

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's better this way:

    after brain surgery
    the first thing he asks for
    are ice chips . . .
    will he remember
    how much he loves me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this version better, Chrissi, and think the sentiment it conveys is beautiful. "are" should be "is," though, unless you change "thing" to "things."

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the correction, Maggie. Yes, the second version is better.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the correction, Maggie. Yes, the second version is better.

      Delete
  5. weathered flower--
    the fragrance clothes
    my inner body

    ReplyDelete