Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Written A Poem About Writing?

Then it could be just right for Excellent Writing - an e-newsletter for writers. Editor Janie Sullivan is looking for poetry about writing or the writing life to use as fillers (100-150 words) along with quick tips relevant to writers, website/blog reviews, news bytes and drawings or cartoons.

A poem I wrote for NaPoWriMo has been accepted for the May issue - "A Journey in Three Masks". And I've had three of my quick tips for freelance writers accepted, which will run over three issues. (This was my submission for week 17 of 2011.)

Jane is also looking for articles and features for Excellent Writing so check out the Writers' Guidelines. There's no payment for contribution, however Jane is offering a FREE advert in the newsletter so contributing writers can promote themselves.

Jane is great to work with, enthusiastic and quick to reply to emails. She has made up my advert for me, complete with photo, and I'm really looking forward to the May issue of Excellent Writing coming out on Monday. You can subscribe here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, Kirsten! If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me!

    ~JanieWrites

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Janie. It's always good to tell poets about places they can get their poems published that are a bit outside of the norm.

    I hope it helps! And yes, will direct people your way.

    Cheers,
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete