Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

a river of stones - day eleven

small stone #11

sitting out in the garden
staring at no thing
my thoughts racing
I look down at my lap
to find a praying mantis
swaying in the summer breeze
bringing a halt to my busy mind
and a smile to my lips


If you enjoyed this please click in the 'like' box below as your responses will help me choose which small stones to send in to Fiona to be considered for the book at the end of January. Thanks :)

6 comments:

  1. Life sends such interesting things to still our busy minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful - while we're freezing over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I was just reading on facebook a conversation between friends about their white lawns!
    Have a hot chocolate for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An omen for sure - since I love the Mantis, I think a good one! PS You live in a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read and comment.
    New Zealand is a beautiful place, but I definitely have the urge to travel at the moment!
    Happy writing to you :)

    ReplyDelete