Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Friday, July 27, 2012

New Zealand's National Poetry Day & a question for YOU!

Well, today's the day! Events are happening all around the country. For a list take a look here. But what I want to know is:   

How do you get your daily dose of haiku?

I read from Martin Lucas' Stepping Stones: a way into haiku daily, and have been doing so for maybe a year now. (I must have missed a few daily readings because there's only a years worth in there!). I also check in to the on-line haiku journal DailyHaiku each day and most days also now see what the Per Diem: Daily Haiku is on The Haiku Foundation home page (mid way down the page on the right hand side.)

My haiku reading also comes from Facebook posts and blogs I'm subscribed to. And then when new journals arrive in my letterbox I'll read them on a daily basis until I'm sated. Lastly, as I've been involved in writing quite a few rengay and renku this year, I'm almost daily reading haiku related to my latest linking verse. So much fun! :)

Enjoy National Poetry Day New Zealand! And enjoy your daily dose of haiku, where ever you are! :)


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg-PoyEz5bspyJBc5oqIHFwkJ87NhMGvb5v_cT9JJFiRV8aDyNG5znO5J63pBJ3SWgvYoQHJRyT42kG3nTNuNDcx8mbavK-8Qr3lUZ8BWouygQevMk843psjadWKK0T3rgzqOfPUXDs57k/s1600/poetry+day+logo+2012.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment