Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Two haiku comps that I just couldn't pass up!

As a result of my long stays in hospital, and now the months needed to recover, I'm not chomping at the bit to submit haiku to any publications or enter competitions. I'm taking as much time as I need to process all that I've been through, to heal physically, emotionally and spiritually, and I know that much poetry and other creative ideas will come from this. In fact, it's already happening.

I'm currently designing my own set of affirmation cards. But back to the reason for this post: Two haiku comps that I just couldn't pass up! Why you ask? Not only are they FREE to enter, they both also have an online entry form that makes it just so easy!

The first is the Kusamakura Haiku Competition, which closes September 13, 2010. You can enter up to two poems. The amazing first prize is an air ticket to Kumamoto, accommodation, and ¥50,000. Winners are announced in mid-November and the awards ceremony is on November 27. A magazine containing all entries will be sent to winners in late February 2011 and winning haiku will appear on the website. You can find all the information and past winners here: http://kusamakura-haiku.jp/boshu/index_e.html (see on-line entry form at bottom right-hand corner).

The second is the Haiku International Association Contest, which closes September 15, 2010. You can enter up to two poems. Last year I received and Honorable Mention in this competition. Winners are announced November 26. The results will be published in the HI Journal and on the HIA website. You can find all the information and past winners, along with the online entry form here: http://www.haiku-hia.com/cont_en.html

No comments:

Post a Comment