Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Biopsy


biopsy i am my heartbeat




This was my first appearance on Tinywords: haiku & other small poems. My thanks to the editors for choosing my work, and to all those who left comments at the site, or on my Facebook page, or through email, expressing their enjoyment of this poem. I'm inspired and humbled to know that readers were moved. 

This piece still hits me where it hurts, and will be part of my collection that explores my leukaemia journey. I haven't touched my manuscript for nearly two months, but it's calling my name, and the publishing of "biopsy" may be just the catalyst I need to get going again . . .


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your poem in tinywords- I'm a subscriber and that piece really stayed with me after reading it.

    ReplyDelete