- week forty-nine - submitted two haiku for the 2011 Touchstone Awards for Individual Poems
- AND I submitted my third set of ten haiku for DailyHaiku
- week fifty - submitted three tanka and two haiku to Aubrie Cox's New Year's Dragon blog post at Yay Words!, two haiku and two tanka accepted!
- AND submitted six haiku to The Heron's Nest, awaiting outcome
- week fifty-one - submitted one haiku to the Fujisan Haiku Competition (closes 20 January 2012)
- week fifty-two - submitted one haiga to the WHA Haiga Contest (first time submitting here)
It's been a very rewarding year poetry-wise: not just because I reaped the benefits of so many submissions by being published much more, and much more widely, but because I also meet heaps of great haiku-folk through blogging and on Facebook, and through participating in a few PAD (poetry-a-day) challenges (small stones x2, NaHaiWriMo, NaPoWriMo) so that I'm now happily part of the on-line haiku community - a great place to be and to be part of :)
Thank YOU for being part of it with me through Swimming in Lines of Haiku. I'll be back next year with more poetry, and, knowing me, another challenge to be working towards...
Have safe and happy New Year's celebrations!