Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Saturday, December 31, 2011

December Round-Up - Week 52: TICK!

Here's how I'm doing on my 2011 goal of submitting poetry to a publication or competition every week:
And that's it. I've done it! For every week of 2011 I submitted a poem of some kind, some where :) Phew!

It's been a very rewarding year poetry-wise: not just because I reaped the benefits of so many submissions by being published much more, and much more widely, but because I also meet heaps of great haiku-folk through blogging and on Facebook, and through participating in a few PAD (poetry-a-day) challenges (small stones x2, NaHaiWriMo, NaPoWriMo) so that I'm now happily part of the on-line haiku community - a great place to be and to be part of :)

Thank YOU for being part of it with me through Swimming in Lines of Haiku. I'll be back next year with more poetry, and, knowing me, another challenge to be working towards...

Have safe and happy New Year's celebrations!



4 comments:

  1. I admire your industriousness, Kirsten. Congratulations on achieving your goal of submitting weekly. I don't know how you do it! Inspired by you, I've been submitting more this year, and it's hard work! Even the logistics of tracking what I submitted can be overwhelming at times. I look forward to seeing what new challenges you set for yourself next year!

    I agree with you-- the online haiku community is the best! Here's to another great year of writing and sharing!

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cara :)

    When I look back, I don't know how I did it some weeks either! Those weeks are the ones where I just submitted a single haiku to a competition - other weeks I submitted up to three times!

    Congratulations on your latest win in the Mu 7s contest! You are writing beautiful and soulful haiku and I'm so glad you are putting them out there so we can all share in your haiku moment.

    Happy New Year, my first online haiku friend! :)

    All the best you to in 2012.

    Kirsten x

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Teri!
    All the best to you for another stellar year of haiku writing :)

    ReplyDelete