Here's how I'm doing on my 2011 goal of submitting poetry to a publication or competition every week:
- week forty - submitted one haiku to the Polish International Haiku Competition (first time submitting here)
- week forty-one - submitted ten tanka (+1 for the contest) to Moonbathing (first time submitting here), one tanka accepted!
- AND submitted ten tanka to Notes from the Gean, one tanka accepted!
- AND submitted one haiga to Yay Words!, which appeared in Aubrie Cox's Tea with Trolls post
- week forty-two - submitted two haiku, two tanka and one haiga to tinywords (first time submitting here)
- AND submitted six small stones to a handful of stones, three accepted!
- week forty-three - submitted two haiku to the Sketchbook Sep/Oct 2011 "cemetery" Haiku Thread
- AND I submitted my second set of ten haiku for Daily Haiku
But wait, there's more...
I've left the biggest surprise 'til last...
Cameron and I eloped last week and were married at 2pm on 31 October in Auckland (NZ). Here's our favourite photo from the day, which was taken just after our first kiss as a married couple!