Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Playing with Photo Haiga

I finally learnt how to use PhotoStudio editing software and can now put text on my images and manipulate my photos. It was a lot easier than I thought, and I had fun playing around with different fonts and techniques. The first one I made was the marrying together of my haiku and image that appeared separately on Head Lines NZ - 'taking a mental health day'.


I have only done a couple more as I still favour making my haiga collage-style, and will be off to the Papamoa Market Day this Sunday to search for objects that will inspire my next creation.

My collection of haiku and tanka exploring my leukaemia journey is coming along at a steady pace. I have fourteen that are made into haiga, and twenty-eight polished poems overall. One thing is for sure: I'm growing out of my art space at a rapid rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment