Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Quick Tip #1 for Freelance Writers

Check Your Spam or Junk E-mail Folder Daily.

E-mails end up in your spam/junk folder for any number of reasons, and unbeknown to you, you could be missing out on a communication from an editor.

It happened to me, even though I had the editor's e-mail address saved in my contacts folder: two emails went straight to spam and a third came through to my inbox. Luckily it wasn't too important as it wasn't for a writing gig but for having my details listed on a website. However, I did send an apology.

Now I check my spam/junk e-mail folders daily: no good opportunity is going to slip by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment