Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Friday, April 6, 2012

Tanka Sonnets

I first heard about tanka sonnets last year when I read two on Claire Everett's blog, At the Edge of Dreams. You can read her beautiful examples lifting the veil and a crow's wing by clicking on the titles. Seriously, go and read them. They are amazing!

I started experimenting with tanka sonnets in January, writing three at that time and really enjoying the form. I plan to send two into New Zealand's Kokako magazine for consideration next month. The third saw the light of day when it appeared on Margaret Dornaus' blog Haiku-doodle yesterday as part of her National Poetry Month: Guest Post series.

You can check out The day the willow spoke by clicking on the title, and also read a bit about why I write haiku once you're there. Margaret is hosting many poets over the course of April so do check in regularly to learn more about writers you already know, and to meet new ones too.


2 comments:

  1. Kirsten, so glad you posted this here. And glad also that you took part in my posts for National Poetry Month! Thank you! P.S. I'm hosting Claire next Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for having me! :) And for writing such kind things, Margaret.

    It's been very cool reading more about some of the poets that I know only from around Facebook, and reading work that I haven't seen before. And we're not even through week one yet! Y'all have a busy time ahead :) Enjoy it!

    Blessings to you,
    Kirsten x

    ReplyDelete