Here's how I'm doing on my 2011 goal of submitting poetry to a publication or competition every week:
- week thirty-five - submitted ten haiku to The Heron's Nest, awaiting outcome
- week thirty-six - submitted ten tanka to Notes from the Gean, one tanka accepted!
- week thirty-seven - submitted ten haiku to Notes from the Gean, one haiku accepted!
- AND submitted six tanka to Simply Haiku (first time submitting here), two tanka accepted!
- week thirty-eight - submitted two haiku to the HIA Contest
- week thirty-nine - submitted ten haiku to DailyHaiku (first time submitting here), awaiting outcome
At the beginning of September I had one haiku appear in The Heron's Nest, an image feature as cover art on Kokako and my first haikai column in a fine line. I've been working on my second column throughout September and am almost ready to put it to bed. Happy October 1st all and a warm welcome to my new readers!
|Greerton Village Square - September 27, 2011|
Both photos by Kirsten Cliff