Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mslexia magazine – for women who write

Mslexia means women's writing (ms = woman, lexia = words) and this UK magazine is packed full of articles about writing and writers, competitions and publication opportunities, news and reviews.

I first encountered Mslexia a few years ago when a woman in my local writers' group brought it along to share (her husband is a pilot and used to pick up copies for her whenever he was over that way). This year, I decided to treat myself to a subscription as I knew just how inspirational this magazine is.

My first issue (#44 Jan/Feb/March) arrived this week and I'm not disappointed! The articles and profiles are top quality.

“Mslexia is dedicated to encouraging, nurturing and empowering women writers to produce, publish and have their work read, with the parallel aim of improving the reach and quality of women's literature.”

For those of you that don't want to shell out in pounds sterling, they now offer digital subscriptions at a lower price and you get back issues from #35 onwards. A great deal!

Their website has heaps of valuable resources. One thing I recently had great fun doing was a poetry writing exercise, which you can find here (scroll down a bit to where it says February's Workshop: Poetry and I): http://www.mslexia.co.uk/magazine/workshops/workshops.php

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment